Sold at Bonham's Amelia Island Auction March 2017: Finished in a unique Cadet Blue high-quality gloss paint with an interior that blends premium saddle stitched leather and dash pads, diamond-patterned alcantara headliner and sun visors, this iconic Toyota Land Cruiser is a truly special new vintage motor vehicle.
Powered by the indestructible 3L B-type engine, the car has undergone a full and documented frame-off restoration spanning thousands of man-hours of work, including complete engine rebuild. We preserve the original overland spirit and elevate it to a more refined experience – it is simply better than new.
This hardtop Land Cruiser has selectively been bettered - while staying rigorously true to the look and feel of the original – for today’s use – we build cars meant to be driven, not museum artifacts. Some of the enhancements (besides the luxurious, genuine leather upholstery and alcantara headliner) include LED headlights, power steering, Bluetooth-enabled retro-classic radio, and handcrafted floor mats. But it’s still ready for a bug out with a customized jerry can and off-road hi-lift jack. Some of the build highlights include:
- Completely rebuilt powertrain
- Handcrafted, saddle stitched genuine leather seats front (2/3 split), jump seats (back), dashboard pads (upper and lower) and shift boots
- Diamond-stitched alcantara headliner and sun visors
- Custom created floor coverage with canvas seam covers
- LED headlight replacement upgrade, plus fog lights
- Jerry can in car color and holder on right rear door
- Hi-lift jack in front of passenger door
- BF Goodrich All Terrain A/T tires on original wheels
- Retro-styled, Bluetooth-enabled sound system
This build is one for the books - and the it is the perfect New Vintage Motor version of the legendary classic. It is now time for the remodeled FJ40 to start a new life. Preferably in the hands of an adventurous and passionate owner!